Monday 27 August 2012

London 2012 Mascot Film

 
Recently the hottest topic is London Olympic Games, it just ended a few week ago. The mascot of London Olympic is Wenlock and Mandeville. I find this video about how the mascot created. The video is presented by animation. It is cute.

At the beginning, I am not interesting with Wenlock and Manderville because their appearance are very weird, it is an eye look. They are not as cute as the Beijin Olympic mascot---FuWa. After I watched this video, I am in love with them.

The Wenlock and Manderville inside the video is made of iron and steel. They are personated in the video. Iron cannot move in our daily life but in the video they did. They jump, run, laugh. One think i find creative and interesting is when thay walk near to some of the image of different athletics, such as aerobics, weightlifting, javelin, race and boxing, they will do the same action. Their action are very real and funny.

I like this kind of animation. It is interesting and it catches my attention through the cute characters. When I am taking animation subject in next year, I hope I can apply this type of element.

Reference:
Watchsportsnews (2011). London 2012 Mascot Film - Full Version . Retrieved August 25, 2012 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYbon6QhFOI&feature=fvst

No comments:

Post a Comment